At Gamescom today, Ubisoft unveiled more details regarding For Honor, including each faction’s four warrior types, details on a closed alpha in September, multiplayer modes, and a collector’s case.
Each faction (Vikings, Knights, and Samurai) contains four types of heroes: vanguards (well-balanced), assassins, heavies, and hybrids (who also have “uncommon tactics”). Each of these also have their own skills, weapons, armor, and customization options.
The game’s multiplayer co-op (including split-screen on consoles) and competitive modes include (text from Ubisoft):
- Dominion: A 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It’s a mode that relies upon skill, communication, and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation, and the capacity to use the environment to the player’s advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel of course, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match-like mode. Combat skills are key in this mode as players score points for their team by killing enemy heroes.
- Elimination: In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
The For Honor closed alpha runs from September 15-18. To sign up, head over to the game’s official site. The game itself comes out on February 14 on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4.
THE FOR HONOR GAMESCOM TRAILER
(Please visit the site to view this media)
For Honor is also getting a Collector’s case, which is exclusively on Ubisoft’s Uplay online account system. The Case includes: the deluxe digital pack for the game, the season pass, a collector’s box, three helmets for the factions, an exclusive lithograph, and the soundtrack.
If you pre-order the title you get the Legacy Battle Pack that includes three armor outfits.