Nintendo in Nindies Showcase today announced 16 games from indie developers are coming to the Switch throughout 2018. Seven of the titles are either launching first on Switch or are platform exclusive.
The following is a list of the games:
- Mark of the Ninja Remastered (fall 2018)
- Fantasy Strike (summer 2018)
- Just Shapes and Beats (launching first on Switch, summer 2018)
- Garage (launching first on Switch, spring 2018)
- Pool Panic (launching as Switch exclusive, 2018)
- Bomb Chicken (launching first on Switch, summer 2018)
- Lumines Remastered (spring 2018)
- Reigns and Reigns: Her Majesty (spring 2018)
- Light Fall (launching first on Switch, spring 2018)
- West of Loathing (launching as Switch exclusive, spring 2018)
- Pode (spring 2018)
- The Messenger (summer 2018)
- Bad North (launching first on Switch, summer 2018)
- Banner Saga 3 (summer 2018)
- Banner Saga 1 and 2 (“coming soon”)
(Please visit the site to view this media)
For more on Nintendo news, check out what we saw during the recent Nintendo Direct, including the next Super Smash Bros. reveal, the Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy coming to Switch, Splatoon 2’s first paid downloadable content, and Captain Toad releasing on Switch and 3DS.
[Source: Nintendo on YouTube]
Banner Saga and Mark of the Ninja coming to the portable platform are highlights from a decent Nindies Showcase. Light Fall, with its aesthetics and platformer difficulty that are akin to Ori and the Blind Forest, is perhaps the most interesting of the newer games. It’s also great that Switch owners can look forward to these games this year.