For those looking for a little more history and a lot less assassinating, Assassin’s Creed Origins is receiving a new mode called Discovery Tour on February 20. In this mode, players will put down their weapons and free-roam ancient Egypt in order to learn more about its rich history.
According to Ubisoft’s blog, there will be 75 tours, ranging anywhere between five and 25 minutes in length, that cover the following themes:
- Egypt: the land of Egypt, geography, and wildlife.
- Pyramids: the most iconic landmarks of Egypt.
- Alexandria: explaining the Greek influence that started with Alexander the Great.
- Daily Life: information about the people and not only the monuments.
- Romans: few tours about the growing influence of Rome at the time of the game.
Discovery Tour will be free to all those who own Assassin’s Creed Origins, but will also be made available as a stand-alone PC game for $19.99.
To see what we thought of Assassin’s Creed Origins, you can read our review here.
Assassin’s Creed games can be broken down into three stories: the sci-fi elements that allows us to travel back to various time periods, the story surrounding a particular assassin in a particular time, and the historical context for the specific time period. This seems like a great way to further dive into the history of ancient Egypt if Assassin’s Creed Origins piqued your curiosity regarding this once great civilization.